HomeAboutContactCalendar

Sunday, October 9, 2011

100's Chart Scroll

One of the teachers on our team came up with the idea of using 100's chart to write numbers into the thousands.  I thought they would get bored after two or three charts were filled in.  Boy, was I wrong.  The kids are begging to add to their scrolls everyday.
We took a 100's chart and had the kids write their numbers from 1 to 100. When they finished we stapled another chart to the bottom of the first chart and they wrote the numbers from 101 to 200. I checked to make sure there were no mistakes and that they knew how to transition from one line to the next line of numbers. When the third sheet is added the paper is too long to put on their desk so, we rolled them from top to bottom and paperclip the roll.  When the students aren't working on their scrolls they are stored in a tube from a paper towel roll.
A copy of the 100's charts can be downloaded here.


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't get the document to open. :( Do you mind sending me a copy?
    Frontier2ndgrade@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having trouble with it, too. I think it's such a great idea, I'd love a copy! My email is j_dews@yahoo.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete