Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Too Cool for School Linky Party

I'm linking up with Belinda from I Love 2 Teach to tell you about a cool tip I use in my classroom!Join us and add your url on Belinda's site. I tell my students I am looking for a mystery walker when we go anywhere in the hall restroom. lunch, music, P.E. If the person I am watching is quiet and following the rules, they get a special Beanie Baby for their desk. They get to keep it on their desk until we have to go in the hall again and another student has a chance to be the mystery walker. The Beanie Baby may move to a new desk many times during the day, or just a few depending on how many times we are in the hall during the day.  If the mystery walker doesn't follow the rules or if you completely forget to watch someone, the Beanie stays on the desk where it was.You don't have to do this every time you travel in the hall if it is too much, but at the beginning of the year I do it a lot to reenforce behavior.


3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and am now a follower. Super cute:) Would love for you to come visit me;)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this idea. Random reward is such a powerful tool!

    -Rachel
    Minds in Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! I love your tip! So cool!

    ♥Belinda
    I Love 2 Teach

    ReplyDelete